Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Summer Plans

I'd just thought I would fill you in with the current plan for the summer.

Ever since coming back from India last September I've been trying to plan the next trip, where to go, what to do, how to do it? There are just too many places in the world that a draw my attention. So in the end I have decided on East Africa. Mum (recently retired so free to travel the world) is coming with me on an safari adventure across Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. We have two weeks organised with Dragoman that will take us through Masai Mara, Jinja, golden monkeys, giraffe sanctuaries and with a overwhelmingly-exciting finale tracking Gorillas in Volcanoes National Park of Rwanda.

After that epic journey Mum and I will travel independently back to Nairobi, "roughing it" by camping and using public transport over two weeks. Mum's flying home then, leaving me with another whole month to explore further on my own.

We leave on the 23rd June, so keep your eyes posted on this blog once we've left because there may well be some amazing photos and experiences coming up (I hope!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SLACKER! Get yourself a job...

8:02 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

If I remember correctly... You were the one who persuaded me to go travelling. You're just jealous!!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me? Jealous? Never! I'd much rather stay in grey rainy England anyday, than see mountain gorillas in the wild. But that's me - I can see that you might be quite excited about seeing them - after all, I'm sure you'll find that you have loads in common with them ;-)
And what's this about me persuading you to travel? Not sure what you mean.
Have a good trip,
Alex

10:47 AM  
Blogger John Mullis said...

Good call Claire and you and your mum will thoroughly ejoy the Drago culture in Africe - a COOK on every truck so the passengers can enjoy a Gin and the setting sun!!! How good is that then?
- John-

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claire I'm so sorry I meant to give you a call before you left!! Have an awesome time, can't wait to see what you've been up to through your blog - the fact you're off now makes me want to just leave for Peru right now.
Hope you have fun and send my best wishes to your mum too.
I now am going to work having had ... really not enough sleep... grrr its taken a whole year but I've finally become NORMAL and find it difficult to surface after a night out!! Woo I've found my inner lazy student (ish..)
Lots of love sweetpea and have looooads of fun xxxxxxxxxxx Karin

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home