Sunday, July 29, 2007

most chilled few days of my life!



I have spent the last 4 nights at Kendwa Beach which is right up in the north of the island. The beach is idylic- white sand, palm trees and the clearest water i have ever swam in (although it was quite cold). I met some lovely people, a mix of nationalities- danish, norwegian, german, american. At first it took some time to relax and accept that i could do nothing but relax- i'm not very good at doing nothing! but i soon occupied my day with sun-bathing, reading, swimming, sleeping etc!

We also went on a snorkelling day trip to Nmemba Island and saw many fish and sea creatures, there was some beautiful coral but nothing very exciting though I really got the hang of diving down and it was fabulous day.

I was only meant to be staying two nights at Kendwa, but i decided to prolong my stay until today because last night there was a famous "Kendwa Rocks Full Moon Party". It didnt live up to Thailand standards but it was a great party nevertheless. There were probably 600 locals and tourists dancing till 5am in the bright moonlight.

So now I'm back in stone town and getting an overnight ferry to Dar tonight. I've decided I probably dont have time to go to Malawi and Zambia and do it properly so I think my next plans may take me back to Kenya although I'm not quite sure what exactly. So watch this space....

1 Comments:

Blogger rebeccanewman said...

hey claire..just catching up with your travels - all sounds fantastic! you didn't by any chance meet a friendly rasta called alfonso at kendwa?? fondest memories of that beautiful beach... hope you continure to enjoy every moment - take great care! much love, becky xx

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home