Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Samarkand


We arrived in Samarkand this morning. We spent the last few days out of the towns, firstly on Sunday night we were in a Yurt in the middle of the desert. But unbelievably they had a satelite dish and we were able to watch the world cup final at midnight our time, which was quite cool. I bet no-one else watched the final from quite such an exotic location (prove me wrong and leave a comment if you can though). We then bushcamped last night on the way here.

Tomorrow is our full day guided tour of the Samarkand, but just walking around today there are some amazing sights. Yet again, the architecture here is bigger and better than anything we have seen in Khiva and Bukhara. The picture is of Registan Square the centre of the old city, and where our hotel overlooks.

We should be meeting up with another Drago truck tonight, they are going in the opposite direction- towards the UK so I feel a bit of a party coming on...again!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Claire, I think you're uploading stuff as I'm looking at it! Glad to hear you're having a great time. I'm at Nomadic Travel at the moment and we've got CJ from Dragoman with a Drago truck here, so it made me think of you!! I'm not at all jealous you know, and it doesn't make me want to be on the road again in... not at all.... Classy picture with the roof seats and the beer by the way! Have a cold one on me.
Love Adrian
p.s. I've been meaning to tell you for a while that one of your photos from Myanmar made it into my brochure. It's also on the website www.thestc.co.uk

1:28 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

I went on your website the other day and saw the pic of Po Po (myanamr girl) I hope your giving me all the credits as the official photographer.

Wow, that's so cool that CJ is with you. I met him in Birmingham Travel Show. He knows Renee and Pete, my crew. We also met with the other drago truck last night, and had yet another scary clubbing experience with their crew (Emma and Duncan).

Love ya xx

12:27 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

I went on your website the other day and saw the pic of Po Po (myanamr girl) I hope your giving me all the credits as the official photographer.

Wow, that's so cool that CJ is with you. I met him in Birmingham Travel Show. He knows Renee and Pete, my crew. We also met with the other drago truck last night, and had yet another scary clubbing experience with their crew (Emma and Duncan).

Love ya xx

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home