Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Arriving in Myanmar

Claire is having problems accessing and editing this blog site so I (her mum) am doing it for her...here is what she wishes to say:

The connection in Myanmar is too slow to be able to post comments on myblog, so whenever i write emails home to my mum, she can post some of thethings i say on my blog to keep you all up to date with what wonderfulthings are happening here. It is the most fantastic place. I feel like Iam living in a hotel, but just outside the garden walls, there is thevillage with 700 houses made from wood and on stilts. Almost everyone inthe village are either fishermen or fish sellers. They lie out the fish todry every day, you can imagine the smell.I am teaching children (ages 2 to 16 in one big class- sometimes as many as60) from 7 to 9 every morning and from 4 to 5 every afternoon. Then threetimes a week, i teach adults ( who are mostly older than myself) for 1 hour.The teaching is much harder than I thought it might be, it takes a lot oftime to prepare each lesson, but very rewarding in the end.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey clairis! i'm sitting huddersfield library looking at the snow...wish in it could be far away on some exotic travels! hows recorder teaching going? when do we see your hair??
Hannah
x

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home